Sunday 9 November 2014

My Favourite Christmas Looks 2014

I just LOVE Christmas. I love everything about it. I love decorating. I love Christmas trees. I love Christmas lights. I sing merrily to Christmas Carols. I REALLY love Santa. I enjoy buying presents for people and wrapping them up and placing them under the tree.

Each year I have to resist the urge to completely change the colours of my tree. Although it has evolved over the years. I AM thinking that I may need to change the colours (Gold/Bronze/Silver/Red) this year not that I have brightened up our home. So I have been looking at the trends for this year and I thought I would share some of my favourites.

Domayne


Domayne have a really interesting monotone theme this year, with Black and White decorations and little pops of colour. While it's not my personal style, I have to say I think this is really cool and quite a bold, contemporary trend.

Target 



Target always have really great Christmas decorations for reasonable prices. This year I really like their Dazzling Brights theme, as it is in keeping with my current love of colour.

Although I am also really loving the Pre-Lit Twig Christmas Tree. I think it would look great with really special, unique ornaments.

Pottery Barn



Injecting a bit of American decorating sensibility into the Australian market is Pottery Barn. They have a traditional range of coulurs, but offer some unusual twists. The 'Traveller' collection is interesting. It has ornaments that give a nod to destinations around the world. They unique, quality ornaments that would add a bit of luxe to your traditional tree.

Myer


In Australia, you really can't go past Myer for Christmas decorations. They always have fun, quality decorations to help you spread Christmas cheer. They have 4 themes this year: Nordic, Luxe, Folklore, Jingle Bells & Mode. They are all really beautiful, but my favourites are Jingle Bells and Luxe.

The Jingle Bells theme is great fun if you have kids. It is really bright and cheerful, perfect for little ones. I also love the colours in the very feminine Luxe theme, with metallics, dusty pinks and reds.



Bed Bath and Table




I really love to go in and look at Bed, Bath and Table. They always have beautiful decorations, and they are always reasonable priced. They have the usual traditional colour scheme (Red, Greed & Gold),but they also have a lovely 'Enchanted Forrest' theme. It features blues, greens and woodland animals. They also have an 'Around the World' theme, similar to Pottery Barn.


I would say my pick for originality goes to Domayne, their Black and White theme is really thinking out of the box. For my own colour scheme I am thinking I may hit up a few of these stores and look for some cool, colourful decorations to add to my usual metallic colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment